Upgraded Espressif’s ESP32 module platform for Moduino X
Espressif, a manufacturer of popular ESP32-based IoT solutions, has developed a new version of the ESP32-WROVER module, called ESP32-WROVER-B. Updated module, in addition to the dual-core LX6 microprocessor, has now twice the amount of RAM, compared to previous version of the WROVER module. The ESP32 module can work with Pseudo Static RAM. Up to now, modules with up to 4MB RAM have been the most common. Recently Espressif Systems introduced a new ESP32-WROVER-B module, which is equipped with up to 8MB SPI PSRAM.
The new module is compatible with TECHBASE’s Moduino X series of IIoT devices. The system works with MicoPython, ESP-IDF (freemask based on FreeRTOS with light-weight Internet Protocol), Mongoose OS, Zephyr Project and is Arduino compatible. ESP32-WROVER-B is based on the ESP32-D0WD system with dimensions 5 x 5 mm, which replaced the earlier ESP32-D0WDQ6 (6 x 6 mm). The ESP32-D0WD model has 2 CPU cores that can be controlled independently. The CPU clock frequency can also be configured in the range of 80 to 240 MHz.
Updated Moduino X with ESP32-WROVER-B also comes with variety of Flash Memory available: 4MB, 8MB and 16MB.
To read more about Industrial Moduino X solution, visit: https://moduino.techbase.eu/
To order sample devices, visit our new Industrial IoT Shop and ask our Sales Department via chat about new Moduino X with ESP32-WROVER-B module:
- Possible Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 specification with Cortex-A72
- Updated M500 Industrial IoT device with latest Raspberry Pi 4
- eSIM support for Rasperry Pi based ModBerry industrial device
- SIMCom modems now available in Industrial IoT Shop
- Economical Moduino X3 with ESP32 on-board available NOW
- Moduino ESP32 controller now powered with Pycom modules